We are currently actively investing out of:
- Thuja Capital Healthcare Fund II – operates as a parent fund and has the Benelux as a geographical target region for investment; this fund is backed by Rabobank, European Investment Fund, University Utrecht and University Medical Center Utrecht, Radboud University Medical Center Nijmegen and others.
- Thuja Capital Healthcare Seed Fund II – its investments are restricted to companies that are based in The Netherlands.; this fund is backed by the Dutch government (Seed Capital facility, see link).
With these funds we invest in early-stage private companies that aim to develop and commercialize innovative medical products, for diagnosis, cure, care or prevention. We will consider any product proposition, irrespective of the regulatory class or technological basis:
- Medical technology, medical devices
- Diagnostics, health monitoring technologies
- Medical food products
- Cross-over products (for example combinations of software and devices)
- Borderline products (for example devices that have a medical application yet are not medical devices)
We look for propositions which still require (clinical) validation in order to enable marketing with a health claim. Companies that merely need growth capital we will not consider.
We will only consider products that convincingly contribute to a sustainable healthcare, i.e. products that improve quality and/or that enable cost-effective healthcare. Moreover, product propositions we invest in should be scaleable for use well beyond the borders of the Benelux.
Thuja Capital Healthcare Fund I and Thuja Capital Healthcare Seed Fund I are closed for new investments.